Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Allopathic Physician (M.D.)

Allopathic Physician (M.D.)

Duties and Responsibilities:

An allopathic physician is another term for a medical doctor. Medical doctors (M.D.s) diagnose patient conditions using examinations and tests. Based on their findings, they prescribe treatment and medications to attempt to heal any illnesses or injuries. General practitioners and pediatricians have a wide range of medical knowledge and they are often the first types of doctors who patients visit. Most doctors routinely work in teams, with nurses and aides assisting them

Salary:

$180,850

Education:

While the minimum educational requirement to apply for medical school is three years of college, most applicants have at least a bachelor's degree and many have advanced degrees. They must be approved by many associations and must complete medical school. After completing medical school, graduates enter into a residency program, which is typically 3-5 years in length and during which time they select an area of medicine in which to specialize, such as pediatrics, family medicine, obstetrics or geriatrics. After completing a residency program, MDs can earn their medical license; some MDs, especially those interested in pursuing a highly specialized area of medicine, such as a specialty in psychiatry, may complete a fellowship.

Reflection:


I’d like to become an allopathic physician because it can lead up to becoming a family doctor and I really like to work with children, or families basically. The pay is fantastic and I think I’ll do a pretty fantastic job at this vocation. With what I read I think I can do this all together. I think this would honestly work out for me.

No comments :

Post a Comment