Thursday, August 21, 2014

Acupuncture

Acupuncture

Duties and Responsibilities:

The practice of inserting needles into pressure points and joints to reduce pain or induce anesthesia. Many procedures involving the stimulation of anatomical locations on or in the skin by a variety of techniques.

Salary:

$41,361

Educational Requirements:

Acupuncturist are required to take numerous science classes (anatomy, biology, physiology) and must have a comprehensive knowledge of the nervous system and the vascular system. Must undergo classes that usually take about four years to accomplish. Must earn a license and be approved by the ACAOM and have two years of experience.

Reflection:


I would NOT under any circumstances would like to become an acupuncturist. First of all, I may have a steady hand but I hate needles so much. I’m not afraid of them, I just really hate them. I would probably start to panic if I hurt the patient. I don’t think they make a very good pay anyways. I don’t see myself doing this type of career, so it’s a big no from me.

No comments :

Post a Comment