Thursday, November 13, 2014

Dental Lab Technician

Dental Lab Technician

Duties and Responsibilities:

Dental and ophthalmic laboratory technicians and medical appliance technicians typically do the following:
·         Follow detailed work orders and prescriptions
·         Decide which materials and tools will be needed
·         Bend, form, and shape fabric or material
·         Use hand or power tools to polish and shape the devices
·         Adjust devices to allow for a more natural look or to improve function
·         Inspect the final product for quality and accuracy
·         Repair appliances that may be cracked or damaged

Salary:

$36,090

Education:

There are no formal educational requirements to become a dental or ophthalmic laboratory technician or medical appliance technician. Most technicians have at least a high school diploma. Some community colleges and technical or vocational schools have formal education programs.

Reflection:

I wouldn’t like to become this profession because I hate being anywhere around or near the mouth. I don’t really have a steady hand and I don’t think I would like to do this. I hate the mouth so much and it smells and I have a strong sense of smell.

No comments :

Post a Comment