Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Free My Wardrobe

Free My Wardrobe

As you all know, summer is approaching. The heat has been extremely unbearable these last few days. Which means less layers of clothing will be worn. Which also means short shorts and spaghetti straps will be worn by girls. Now let’s be honest here. I love short shorts and spaghetti straps; I find comfort in them especially when it’s a hot day. However, what I don’t appreciate is how my teachers and the administration sexualize my outfit. I don’t want to be stopped in the hallways and a teacher, female or male, and tell me to cover up my shoulders when it’s like 90 degrees outside. My shoulders are not disrupting anybody. My shoulders should DEFINITELY not be a problem in an area where we have to concentrate on a lesson. Especially when the teacher interrupts the lesson just to scold me. I have every right to wear what I want to wear. If a male teacher has a problem with my legs and my shoulders then we do have a problem. Stop sexualizing women and women’s interest in clothing. It’s hot, you don’t see us complaining about males taking off their shirt in the middle of PE. Free my wardrobe, free my rights. No justice, no peace.

No comments :

Post a Comment